Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Thanksgiving. The holiday that is lost between Halloween and Christmas. This year, I have made a real effort to highlight the turkey. I simply love any excuse for the inundated use of heavy whipping cream in cooking, fighting crowds in the grocery store for the best baking potatoes and wearing heavy clothing with stretchy pants to totally eat until exhaustion and idigestion!!
This year, Sangam and I traveled to Minnesota (home) to see my family for the holiday. I have never been so excited to hear the long 'o' in people's conversations, or the blinding cold that I can no longer handle apparently! Oh Houston, you have now tainted my ability to brave the cold :(.
So here is my mission this year:
1. Decorate with construction paper garland (brown, orange, yellow and green will be alternated and strung together!!)
2. Excitedly watched Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving.
3. Subject my family to fun thanksgivingry... Here's one for you-
...How many words can you make from Happy Thanksgiving:
The truth is, that being far away from people that you truly love and care about, can really bring out the need for celebration when you are with them; I am so thankful for the gift of good people in my life, and feel like having a party in their honor!
To Jessica Runck- I hope you have such a rejuvinating time in Wimbledon with your family, you deserve some real home cookin' girl! I love and miss you dearly!!
To Bethany, Cathy and Megan- you are some of the truest, loveliest people I have ever met, I am honored to call you my friends; sad I don't get to see you every day!
To the Williams' Family- your love for each other is a blessing for all to witness. Thank you for your friendship and love. We miss you guys!
To my high school girls- your friendships are like a looking glass into all of our pasts. I am so thankful to have people like you, who will always know me for me!
To my family- your love and support make my heart hurt with joy. I am the sensitive schmuck I am because of y'all :) Cait- your wit, laugh and joy are what makes life fun...I simply love being around you. Thanks for being there for me always :)
To my husband- you are the answer to all of my prayers, dear one- I love you :)
Happy Thanksgiving everyone; I hope that you are able to share how thankful you about the ones you love this season!
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
So...apparently I'm overwhelmed by the blogging world and can't seem to write more than once every 4-5 months. Or could it be the inundating amount of work that always seems to pile up at school. Maybe it's because at the end of the day, my brain turns to mush; all I want to do is cuddle with my husband when I get home...hmmm....these are the questions I ponder lately.
The truth is, I am going to make a commitment, yep, I'm going to blog at least once a week. Here are some other things that I do at least once a week. If I can do them, I can blog!
1. Cut my fingernails (ok, maybe once every couple of weeks...)
2. Cycle through a couple loads of laundry
3. PROCRASTINATE grading papers :)
4. Take walks and bike rides in the 'Bayou' (the Buffalo Bayou to be exact :))
5. Get totally lost and drive 'around' for 20 minutes (Houston is sprawling!!)
6. Loose track of time while singing in the shower...a girl needs her time to wake up!
7. Chit chat with co-workers after school. I swear we just want the adult conversations!
8. People watch in grocery stores...I'd much rather watch how people pick out avocados, than actually think about what we want to eat that week!
9. Think about writing in my blog...
Well, I'm done with excuses! It's time to be honest with myself and with all 8 of you who read what I'm saying! :)
Here goes...see you next Wednesday!