Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Anniversary #2




Wow, I can't believe that Sangam and I have been married for 2 years...wow time flies when you're having fun :) I am such a lucky lady to be with a true romantic who took me on a weekend getaway to Fredricksburg, Texas. Fredricksburg is a quaint german town about an hour from Austin.

On our way we stopped at the famous roadstop Bucee's...nothing says roadtrip like a beaver themed, homemade jerky making, antler utensil selling store :) Here Sangam and I are showing our enthusiasm!

After having immersed ourselves in some Texan culture, we arrived at the Primrose Bed and Breakfast in Stonewall, TX. I immediately started to relax as the only sounds we heard became chirping birds and the sound of the grass blowing in the wind. The Fredricksburg area is known as 'hill country' in Texas; very beautiful! I have never been to a B&B like this!! The drive up to the house reminded me of what driving up to 'terra' in 'Gone With The Wind' must have looked like. This plantation style home was accompanied by 3 cottages and a library loft surrounding the property.
The food was incredible; with reduction sauce (I was amazed someone would go to the time to wait and reduce a sauce down to a succulent flavor...now that's commitment!) Sangam and I ordered a bottle of wine and challenged each other to a tipsy game of checkers on the patio...I still won! :)

Coming to such a special place really made us stop and take in all of the weekends experiences...we couldn't remember the last time we had talked about how well we had slept, or the random need to own a farm; plant our own vegetables! Both Sangam and I felt so relaxed; we had no worries...people were even cooking for us and making our bed when we left the room...wait...I think we lived like this for 18 years before college!!

All in all, it was so special to celebrate 2 years of pure happiness with my partner and my love. I am constantly amazed at how much a person is affected by those surrounding them; I have been blessed beyond belief!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 2 year anniversary!!!!!!!!! What a fun day your wedding day was! You guys are such a lovely couple. We love you both very much!

    ReplyDelete