Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Singapore no more!

Houston has been an adventure for Sangam and I in so many ways. The two of us have struck out on our own, relying on each other and figuring out life as we go! :) Most recently, Sangam was sent to Singapore for a work trip. It is exciting to think of him traveling half way around the world to attend meetings, have some of the best sushi in the world at a local market, sightsee throughout the city, and then jet back one week later.
Now, if I was a better person, I would be overjoyed for him the entire time, but let's be serious....I want to go too!!! Teaching just doesn't get perks like flying to foreign countries to attend workshops, or even a long enough lunch break to leave the school premises and get back in time... sheesh!
Our daily phone conversations have to happen at about 7 at night for me, but 8 in the morning for him. When I'm beginning to wind down, he's just starting up! Maybe next his company will have a project in Bali, or Greece, and it will conveniently be in the summer, so I can not sweat taking a week and a half vacation, fabulous!!! Until then, a cool Singapore mug or t-shirt will suffice!

1 comment:

  1. How fun for him!! He should post pictures (not of his meetings)! Miss you guys :)

    ReplyDelete